Friday, February 18, 2011

Funny things...

So Midget and Monkey have these wonderful friends from school. Sweet, sweet kids. It works out well too, as the boy is in Monkey's grade, and the girl is in Midget's. They have one older sister who is at that horribly rough age, and she is funny. A flashback to those angry years :) But they are British, and I still am amazed at the differences in the children. I have come to the conclusion that we Americans are quite loud, and we don't stop our own thoughts from coming out. I yell at my kids, and pretty much every one i know does too. I didn't went they were small mind you, but now I do. Maybe from sheer frustration? It's not right, i'm not mean, just sometimes their comes a point where if i don't yell i will go mad. But their friends mom, is just the nicest, most polite wonderful person I have ever met. I adore her. I have never ever heard her raise her voice. There is just this way she says her children s names, with the sound of disappointment, and a pause, and that is it.
"Oh, boy quantity one....". I swear i feel so bad after screaming at mine. But the other day her daughter was driving her crazy i could see it, and it came...
A slight raised voice, and an "I'm so irritated". I am thinking that was it, full on British rage? It's just funny. I admire their restraint. But then i wonder is it good for them? Do they have people get all pent up and go crazy in post offices? Do their moms lose it and drown their kids? I wonder who is living a healthier way? I mean really, half the moms i knew back home were on anti-depressants. Maybe they just have a better hold on their emotions. It's just funny to me to see how different we are, but we can still get along so well. I thank heaven for her kids though, they have certainly brought immense amounts of joy to mine. :)
As for our break, as it is mid-term break here. We had fun the first part, and then boom... Midget got an awful cold, and we've been rather home bound. It has certainly been bad timing. Monkey had his British friend sleep over, which of course didn't sit well as his sister couldn't come for her. Poor little one....

1 comment:

  1. lol English people are so polite, I rememer giggling when I was in London at how everyone lined up in an orderly fashion at the bus stop. We Aussies just mull about...

    I think we must be a combination, Aussies are a polite bunch but a loud bunch...and theres a whole lot of yelling that goes on here too.

    Your new friends sound delightful, and Im glad that your children have some great new friends.

    ReplyDelete