Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting some work done..




Here are the pics of the dining room after i painted it...Don't comment on the edges, i don't paint straight, but it goes iwth the crooked sheet rock.


So, rather than sitting around i decided i would get some work done around here. We had left over paint from getting the rest of the house painted. I painted the dining room, then i still had some left and thought there is only one room left downstairs to paint. It was the bathroom. I had wanted to change that awful light out. So i googled it, and there it is. How to hang a light fixture. It said it wasn't that hard. If our sheet rock guys weren't so bad it wouldn't have been. They had pushed the box in so far the new fixture didn't sit right. I couldn't tighten the screws. So after a few hours it hit me, cardboard. I took a piece folded it up and it worked. So there it is, the light i installed!!

Let me say too, that the mirror is off. it needs to be lower but again, our sheet rock guys. It is stuck to the wall. The little screws, when i undid them all, were not even holding it up. I couldn't even pry the mirror off with a screwdriver using all my strength. So if that ever comes off, so i alot of the wall. Great isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. fantastic. What a change the room made with the paint. Gives it a warm inviting feel.
    I still can't believe you did the light fixture. Electricity scares the "poo" out of me.
    Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congratulations on the lighting job, and the painting looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete