Friday, September 17, 2010

argg

Ok, so logging into this is a real pain!! Apparently there is google.ae, so if you don't know apparently arabic writing is backwards, so i just spent 10 minutes trying to log in here! Although i did laugh when i saw the taxi sign on the back of all the taxi's saying this...
My speed is monitored, but it said it in arabic with the exclamation points at the beginning. It's the little things people :) I can now almost ride in the cabs without breaking out into a nervous sweat, i am just going to trust that the little bangladeshi man knows what he is doing when he swerves in the too small space at 120 kilometers, and no i don't want to know how fast that is. i will figure it out when i am driving my own car, likely going 40 kilometers. Thus the reason i am wanting a armored tank, to protect me from the before mentioned bangladeshi taxi driver.
We are still waiting on the visa, hoping it will come sunday, enshalla. oh the enshalla's.... monday at the maximum sir.... I can't wait to get out of this hotel. We went to look for couches, and wow. They are either way to modern, and when i say modern i mean star trek modern, or way to gold and tassely. There is always ikea i guess, but they seem kind of poorly made, good for shelves, not for kids jumping on kind of durable furniture. So, this leaves my poor hubby to consider pottery barn, or crate and barrel, maybe a ramadan or eid sale will still be going on :)
I'mm off to go see despicable me, you may be saying it was out over a month ago, but hey, it's a new release here!

2 comments: