Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fancy trees...

11 million dollar tree
diamonds... lots and lots of them.

The two kids are priceless..


in front of the palace


Rolling again..


in the fountain, i think we were allowed in there ;)

So today we had to go see this tree we keep hearing about. The funny thing is no one hear really knew anything about it. We all kept hearing about it from people back home :) So after going to see Tangled, very cute movie mind you. We went to the Emirates Palace and saw the tree. They say it is going to be in the worlds record book for the most expensive tree. I had heard they weren't letting everyone in. Of course, you can't believe everything you hear here. But we did get the car washed, and we all had on pants and sleeves. We got in, the car behind us didn't, so go figure :) The tree was beautiful, but I don't know... I was expecting more. It did have beautiful jewels all over it. So i think that is how they got it to be worth 11 million dollars. So we saw it, it was very pretty. The palace it self is so beautiful though, maybe if it were somewhere else it would stand out more? We love that place, so the kids had fun out front rolling down the hill. Frankly, i think they preferred that to the tree :)
On a side note, this blew me away. When we would go to the movies back home, and we would buy the food there at the theater, we would spend 40 to 60 dollars easy. 3 or 4 drinks, a couple bags of candy and some popcorn. Well here we got a large popcorn, a large caramel popcorn, 2 bags of candy, a large icee and 2 drinks (don't judge, making a point here :) 92 dirhams. That's about 25 dollars. Crazy!! I was so shocked! Plus, you can get ice cream!! I mean like marble slab ice cream, not a frozen chocolate bar. So that was our day. We had fun, best part rolling down the hill and playing in the fountain at emirates palace!

4 comments:

  1. The tree is lovely, but I am enjoying the festive music playing while I read. And the sparkly candy cane on the side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you for noticing! Hubby put the music on here. I think he did it to annoy a certain friend who reads this back home. But i kind of like it :)
    Hope you had a good christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your christmasy blog! I hope that you all had a really happy day.
    By the way - YES we have cricket, I hate it with a passion but in a household of males I think Im going to be outvoted...Oh well, more reason for me me me time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, but i am so over xmas now... is that awful? Cricket reminds me of baseball, but looks a little more painful if you get hit? I'm liking soccer/football. I see less painful accidents in the sport for the kids. Although i'm sure they can get rough too... :(
    Me time is good!

    ReplyDelete