Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back to school...

So this week we all went to school. Wow, has it been a long time! The last time i was at school was standing in the line debating on whether i could go with a 3 year old and pregnant. Standing in the line i started to throw up, and that decided that. So that little bundle of joy is 9 :)
My gosh how things have changed!!! Everything is almost done online, you upload your homework, and everything is on smartboards, and how many acronym's can there be in this world?! I think i'm a bit tech savvy and i'm lost. I can't imaging someone who didn't use computers would do. It's good to be using my brain again though :) Classes are a lot more fun when they are involving your desired career. I mean, one if my assignments is to make a children's book. That i can do :)
Now figuring out an online blackboard, clueless!
Midget is moving onto dividing, and i feel so sorry for her. I can see her struggling with it, and i know how important these years are for her whole math future. So we are working hard, and trying all the different ways. I had a great tutor in college, who was the first one to help me get through college algebra, and i found her as a math professor. So if things don't improve i may give her a call. She's a bundle of positive energy, and would click with my little bundle of energy.
Monkey is taking the SAT in a couple weeks. It is so hard to explain to him that this isn't like any test he's ever taken. Luckily we signed him up for a seminar for 7th graders taking it at the college. I don't want him to get discouraged and give up. Plus this will give him a chance to meet some kids, and learn some testing skills. He's googled and found out that he isn't going to score perfect, Mit wants 2200, and the average 7th grader gets a 300 or 400. That was a bit of a heads up :) But i'm glad he's thinking ahead, and we should start buying our lottery tickets now so we can pay for it .

1 comment:

  1. Are you studying teaching? Im glad your first week back at school has been a success and don't worry about those smart boards, you will have them worked out in no time

    ReplyDelete