Tuesday, August 11, 2009

sad times

We are having some sad times in our house. My daddy passed away last week. There are some unsettling circumstances that took place with some "family" members, that let it happen without my brother or i knowing. He got a call after it had happened and I did not even get a call from them. I won't ramble on about those "people", i choose to take the high road, well, the slightly elevated i have made my comments before. They know what they did, and there is a place for them waiting. I do say though, i loved my daddy very much, and my kids loved him also. He had his flaws, but growing up i couldn't have asked for a better dad. We had so many great times, and to melanie, she shared tons of them with us. Remeber gospel bill? We used to sit in the very back of that silly station wagon, and when he would pick us up from the mall and take us home, we would pray to gospel bill. Where he came from i have no idea. we would say "PLEASE, gospel bill, please let my daddy see the light and let him have our fun times in our youth, let him allow us glorious creatures to share our youth". it was so goofy, and we would laugh so hard we would nearly pee in our pants. he would be rolling in the front of the car. Those are good times. All my friends would call him daddy, and he was so cool he would sit with us in the back of the bus on the way to football games. That is who i choose to remember.
So, on to other news, We took the masterchief to the airport. Our visa dillema was not resolved in time for us, so we are stuck here. Although i still say i would love to go back, and we could work it out..... :) Buti will not harp on it. Although renewing our vows on camels in baharain would have been the bomb..hehe. Alas, i will have to spend my 15th wedidng anniversary with ben and jerry, and the kids. Could this week be any worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment