Saturday, February 27, 2010

long week.







It's been a long week, and i can't really figure out why... strange. Monkey had his field trip to the science museum. Let me just say, wow. 5th graders are way more mature and know alot more that I did in the 5th grade. I can't count the number of cuss words i heard. The girls, well they look like 8th or 9th graders. The kids were nuts, and frankly didn't learn a thing in my opinion. One kid was actually hanging off the balcony on the 2nd story to the open area below. The guard asked what school we were with. I was quick to say "i have my 6 kids here, this is my group"! We quickly walked on after telling him. I much prefered the 1st grade field trip, they behaved so much better!! Monkey thanked me for going though, so that made it worth while. He had a great time he said, didn't learn a thing but socially he had a good time. Why not just take them to the park next time and save the gas money? He's trudging along with his skateboarding obsession. He's getting quite good at it. I'm glad he's found a new passion. This week was Rodeo day also, the kids get to wear their cowboy clothes. Monkey is apparently way too cool for this, so he opted out. Midget, well she is all over that one. She had outgrown her boots, so she had to get a new pair. I had found this vest and top on clearance at penney's for 7 dollars! She loved it, so it went well without being to hillbilly :) Plus she says the glitter on the shirt worked well for self defense. :) If those boys messed with her, she would rub them with her sleeve and glitterfy them. Did you know that was a word? In her world it is. Maybe we should glitterfy the talliban? Big missles full of glitter upon our enemies!!!
Oh, and here are the pics of Monkey's project. They didn't turn out to well. He did however get 100's on all parts of it!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the glitter punishment, I can imagine it being a fate worse than hell for a small boy!

    ReplyDelete