Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fun Weekend Ahead!

T.G.I.T!!! That just doesn't have the same ring as T.G.I.F... But I will think it anyway :) Tonight we have been asked to watch our friends kids. Midget is thrilled beyond belief, as it includes the new twins. Frankly, I get my baby bug fix, and get to send them home and sleep all night :) Their big brother always has fun playing with the kids too. It's nice to see them all play together. I am wondering if they will change their mind, as it's the first time leaving the babies i think. We shall see. We are ready and willing though!
After school today we are stopping at the German Vet Clinic for a little surprise for midget also. Tomorrow she has her first riding lesson out here! I am not sure who is more excited me or her. Monkey is looking forward to it also, they are a animal rescue place, so they have tons of animals out there too. It's a huge piece of land with a petting zoo out there also. Fun, fun, fun!
We also are starting to edit monkeys film. He has interviewed around 11 people, we still need some emerati's. Hubby found a few at a 4 by 4 shop, where he got a roof rack for the jeep. Silly boy... He's all excited about this duning he's been doing. But he is going to talk to the man about monkey interviewing him. He's even a police officer here! He gave us all the info on the goings on here in the uae with the worry about the protesting in the region. We are good here he says, the stuff in Oman is escalating quite a bit. The Saudi's have sent in the military, and it sounds like a religious crisis brewing. This country screens (not good of course, but in this case it is ), so the ones protesting wouldn't be here so much to do it. It's worrisome though. But that is what is going on in Kuwait, and Oman. It's growing in noise it seems. We got the travel warning from the embassy not to go there if you can avoid it. I will do just that! Sad though, we are out here, it's so cheap to go places like Egypt and Oman, and now we can't! It would have been a great end of term break, especially with the kids studying Egypt :(
Then after all that, Saturday the boys are going duning with a co-worker who just got a awesome deal on a hummer. They are all driving their cars out to do drive in the dunes. Monkey loves doing it! I am debating if we will go or not. I want to, just don't want midget to get out there, freak out, and ruin it for the boys. We will see, but i am so ready to start this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You and me both my friend, my eyes are hanging out of my head, not such a pretty look. I hope little Midget loves her riding lessons, with her ballet training I anticipate she will have an absolutely beautiful mount. You wait til you see how regal she looks perched up there.

    ReplyDelete