Saturday, March 5, 2011

Long week...

This was a crazy week with school work, hubby's work. It was long, but we survived, and it's been a fun weekend. The boys went sand duning with some co-worker's, and locals. They had a blast! I need to get the pics from monkey's phone. They wanted to go without us this time :) I am not sure how i feel about being vertical in a jeep in the sand. We will see :) Midget and I went shopping, got some shoes, and had dinner. She rode the hamster ball again, and was thrilled. We rode back with the sunroof open and katy perry, she declared she had the best night ever, can't ask for more than that!

Polly, this is for you, this is Texas Hair....


Nicely done :)

This I would have killed for, and truth be told might still.

Here's a funny old Texas monthly article :)
Texas Big Hair....
Hooray for Big Hair!
Cover Image

From Farrah to Ann, Texas women have combed, curled, teased, and tousled their way into the national consciousness. Who says bigger isn’t better?

by Skip Hollandsworth

It arrives like a blimp, floating ethereally through the door before the rest of the woman’s body does. For a moment, you can look at nothing else. You try to stare at the woman’s face, at her dress, even down at her shoes—but your eyes keep wandering upward. No matter how many times you’ve seen it, you find yourself once again awestruck by that towering, impenetrable edifice known as…Big Hair.


The most scorned fashion statement of our day, the target of rabid eradication campaigns by modern hairstylists, Big Hair hangs on like a buzzard in the desert. I, for one, am glad. At the risk of sounding socially impaired, I must confess that I love Big Hair.

I mean really big. I love the old-fashioned bouf-le-dos made popular again by Governor Ann Richards, and I love the wild curled-all-over hair of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I love the way West ...

8 comments:

  1. Awww Mrs Redhead, you have made my day. I love that big hair and I love that article.

    Long live Texan big hair, I might just now be one of it's biggest fans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the beginning polly, there is a whole can of worms opened now. Now we should move onto bunco, and gravy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, wasn't there a whole vertical bangs era there too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Gravy, the fifth food group! Now that whole Bunco thing I will never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget bat wings, where the hair went straight to the side... and flapped when you walked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright you people either need to explain this Texan talk to me or go back to English - I get the gravy part but the rest???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Bunco is a dice game that women go to and have a girls night out :) Gravy, tell me they have gravy in australia? You put it with biscuits, not cookie biscuits, but bread biscuits, mashed potatoes, steak...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gravy goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete