Wednesday, June 22, 2011

9 days...

9 days people, 9 days!!! We will be on a plane, on the way home!! The kids are getting so excited, some more than others :) Although, much as monkey likes it here, even he is looking forward to some "normal" things back home. It's the little things we can take for granted. Aside from the obvious, family and friends of course. Stop signs, drive-thru's, being able to read the instructions and menu's for the food.... And grass... even if it is dead from the drought :)
We've been packing, gift buying... Which is really kind of funny here. They don't really make anything. So a gift from here, is really something from somewhere else. And every gift shop you go in, they throw pashmina's at you. Now i admit, they are gorgeous. I have a few, i love them. Here... Not really something you see everyone wearing around town back home :) A sword, not the average gift, although i do know someone reading this who might like one. :) I went to the place here called the hamden centre, not to be confused with hamed centre, monkey. I wouldn't go there without you :) They have knock off purses, clothes, hats, shoes... I saw a Ferrari hat, so i thought. So i thought, i know someone who would like this. You know who you are, and I bought it. Got it home, showed the kids, they were all excited. Until this a.m. when midget looked, "Mom, how do you spell Ferrari?", so i told her. Well, you are now the proud owner, of a true sign of Abu Dhabi. A Ferrart hat. It says Ferrart. You may lose the hat to grandpa, who is as midget says, "so proud of his farts, he would love it." And as hubby says, when will I learn? But i do so love my Buberrys wallet :)

8 comments:

  1. Sword? did somebody say sword?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that would get you! Place the order now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Ferrart. THAT is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be averse to a hookah as an alternate either! or a Buberry plaid ball cap or for that matter, I'd prolly even be happy with just a little jar of desert sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, the sand... got you the darn sand. But you can't bring it in a jar, so it's in a touristy picture frame, you can put in the jar yourself :)
    Booberry plain, that they have. I got the burberry knockoff purse, and the burberrys wallet. :) Love it!
    midget says she loves you :) Can't wait to see you!
    KT, it is funny, but now i feel the need to go back and get another....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mistyped, of course plaid... that's the point of the burberry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do they actually say "Buberry" on them(minus the R)because thats hilarious, I have a genuine Ralph Laruen "Pollo" wallet around here somewhere my "stepmom" got me in the Phillipines.

    ReplyDelete