Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catching up....


So I finished my semester of school, and wow it all seemed to pile on at the end! I had projects and papers to do.. I did it though! I think my mom had a point, it sounded more like an arts and crafts class than a college course. I thought that was funny. But then realized, well yes, that is why i want to be a teacher and not an accountant :) I'd rather read Dr. Zeuss all day with 7 yr olds than work in an office on a computer. The kids have 3 more weeks of school. All the standardized tests are done, thank goodness. It was midgets first experience with them, and she did pretty well. The reading was harder than she expected, but she was more worried with the math, so i think that's why. It was easy she said. Monkey did great, and said the test was easy also. I don't know where he gets it, but test don't phase him. Me, I completely freak out :) So we are waiting the end of the school year, and recitals to end so we can relax. Until then we have ballet 3 times a week. Midget is doing a feature dance with a friend, so she needs some extra help. She's so excited though. Her friend has her toe shoes also, so she is obssesing on that. It's sweet, such a little girl rite of passage :) Monkey has plans for the summer, no camps he says, just sitting around sleeping and playing games. Yes, sniff sniff, my little baby is growing up too fast! If someone can stop him please do so!! Hubby is home now, and the kids are all excited. Of course that means no more eating at the coffee table and watching movies, or sneaking food upstairs :) Someone let them be a little more sneaky. It's nice to have him back though! We missed him while he was gone. So life is back to normal! Here's my little man cashing in his tickets. He won the ball out of a machine. It was so great, don't know how he did it!
So my brother is still running for sheriff, and a nice family hosted a fundraiser for him. They have the most beautiful historical home! I'd never been in a home like this. It was built in the 1800's. I wanted to take pictures, but I didn't want to embaress my brother by gawking and saying the "oh my gawd, did you see that?" that was constantly going through my mind. Does that make me a little classier, the fact i didn't say it outloud? Here is my proud mommy...
There are midget's little chics from her class. They raised the eggs in the incubator until they hatched. What a life lesson! They had birth defects, unborn chics, some died. It was tragic! But here are the survivors. Luckily her's made it, her name is Alice :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting through this semester. I have one assignment to hand in and Im done for my first semester too, I could not be more proud of myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Polly!! It is amazing what we can do at one time. I don't know how you work, take care of the boys and go to school, while pregnant!! You deserve an award!

      Delete