Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summertime

Summer is definately here. So is the humidity, the ants, the flies, and the wasps. But, it's all good still :) The kids have been spending every day in the pool, and so have I :) It's so hot, how can we not? We've had chalk drawing, some friends over to swim alot too. So it's off to a good start.
We've gotten all the report cards in, and they both did so great. I could not be any prouder of them. So we now have, sniff sniff... a second grader, and a, i can't even say it- a sixth grader. This is hard for me to believe! I mean, 6th grade. I remember life in the 6th grade. Scary!
We went to see the new Karate Kid movie. I can't remember who, but someone was saying it wasn't going to be good, that Will Smith paid to get his kid into it, and that's why they made it. I was of the midset, it had to be good, or they wouldn't have put the kid in it. I was right, such a great movie!! I cried, i laughed, and at times the whole audience actually was clapping. Now that, is a good movie for that response. I dare say, it might have been better than the first one. I love Jackie Chan though. He was great, and that little Jaden Smith, he is going to be big i think. He was great. The kids both loved it.
We are gearing up for more activities. Horse camp is coming up. Midget is beside herself. Daddy sent her a book, and me a book on how to deal with a horse loving kid. In my mind, i can deal with it, but really honey, it's a matter of can your wallet deal with it :) We have been reading her book. Mine was actually helpful in knowing why she needed all the gear. So we found a website that had a summer horse camp special. It had the helmet, pants - called jodpers? , boots, and gloves. They were a great price. So between now and when they get here, the ups man is going to be stalked by one little red headed girl. Skatecamp is coming up for monkey, he has all the stuff and then some. It's just going to be my little guy, acting like a super-cool skater guy. He's going to be in heaven also. I am so excited for him, the guys at the skate park are so nice to the younger kids. They all offer to help and teach when he goes. I love that, as i don't always see that kindness in other sports. I still get queasy over the mean spirited baseball parents.....

No comments:

Post a Comment