Monday, November 22, 2010

Sandy cameras

So the lovely camel photo we took, which frankly wasn't all that great... did some damage to my camera. So now, whenever i turn my camera on, and the lens pops out, it makes this grinding noise. This noise, in turn, gets this nasty look from my husband to me. Those of you who know him, i am pretty sure can picture this look in your minds. We've all received it at some point. :) As if i knew, getting out of the car and climbing up the hill on the side of the road would put me shin deep in powdery sand, that would in turn flip up into my camera. We do that so frequently in our lives. Climb up the side of the roads to take pictures of camels in the middle east. Did that yesterday didn't you? So that is my little disgruntled, tad bit grumpy vent on my camera. I've gotten compressed air to blow on it, it got some out, and then a brush but it seems to be in the gears. I've got to find a camera shop to fix it, and it seems they prefer nikon and fuji here to canon. I'll just run down to wolf camera, oh wait... there isn't one :)
So that has left me to use monkey;s camera, which had some issues we have fixed, and my iphone. We do have some pics to put up, but he took off with the card that had mine on it, and i can't find it, so those will have to wait until this evening i suppose. Theni don't know how to get my iphone pics onto this macbook, not the laptop, because this is a macbook :)
So this is our weekend we had. We went to the marine corp ball. We had a wonderful time. The emirates palace, what little i saw is absolutely amazing! I found a dress at a lovely store called monsoon. With the help of a wonderufl friend back home, and her fashion sense i found some great shoes and jewelry to go. I do have to say this, these emerati women are short, and have small feet. So either the stores here don't cater to white women with big feet, or the other white women with big feet bought all the shoes. So i ended up wearing heels. I hate heels, i don't like to stand out, and i don't like to fall. I am 5 ft 10, i don't want to tower over the other people. Plus, i have worn heels maybe 3 times in my life. Do i really want to fall at a fancy dinner? No... But the shoes were gorgeous... Hubby looked so handsome in his tux. We ended up having to buy one, but found it at a decent price. And gee, it's only been 15 years since i've seen him one. Which was wait, oh at our wedding:) We rode in a limo with some friends. We ended up coming home earlier, so we got it to ourselves, which was nice <3
I took midget to the Jonas Brothers concert, we went with a friend from class. She was upset, and thought she could touch them and be right up front, i felt so bad for her! She did have fun though, but eventually it got to loud for her. But it was a good first experience, and we had alot of fun with her friends. It was so crowded! And i believe back home it would have been mostly tweens, and teeny-boppers, but here there were grown adults, and even older boys there alone! I think back home we would have thought they were a bunch of pedophiles or something! Monkey spent that night hanging with the boys playing games with some new friends. He liked that alot, and he needed some man time :)
So as soon as i have figured out where my memory card went, and how to get my pics off of my iphone i will post those.
Now to drive back into town to get a check to the hubby to get my car! Woohoo!!!

2 comments:

  1. lol - I love that she found the concert too loud bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. She seems to want to be so grown up, way too fast. I must admit, i was somewhat relieved. Not quite as big as she thought she was:) Of course i'm sure we were a sight leaving with her crying... Though when she and her friend got to school, they told everyone how great it was!

    ReplyDelete