Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekend...

So I guess back in Texas we would say T.G.I.F., so what is it here T.G.I.T.? It just doesn't have the same ring to it. But Thank God, or Allah, or whoever you believe in that it's Thursday. My baby boy comes home today, and I am so excited he is. I have missed him so much! I can't wait to here about all the things he got to do at camp. Yesterday midget and I went to have a playdate with a couple of classmates. We rode home with them, and then hubby picked us up. The girls went swimming, and we all sat around the pool and "chatted", because people don't talk here, we have "lovely chats". We did have a wonderful time. It's funny how we were all from different places, France, London, Denmark and Texas. Ok, so me, i'm a bit of the oddball. But they are all so fascinated with Texas, it cracks me up.
It was cute though when hubby got there, you can tell he's so thrilled to see us sitting around and having a good time. I know he worried about us not settling in. We did have a great time. A couple of the moms were talking about ladies night at one of the hotel lounges. Yes, there is a lot of drinking in this muslim country! But people go to the lounges to "chat". Well they were talking about the mojitos, and the nachos. Midget's friends mom was all excited about the mojitos, all i could think of was nachos!! IT was really funny though, the french lady explaining them..
"They have the most marvelous nachos, this big platter of crisps with this sauce on it, and tomatos".
I promptly corrected her, they are not crisps, they are tortilla chips, and that sauce lady, it's not sauce, it's the nectar or the Gods! It's Queso woman, melted cheese!! Some things i can ignore, but after being gone from Texas this long, i am needing some Tex-Mex. This cantina laredo we go to, it's ok, but i could die for some La Casita!!

So here is the last update we got from camp. By the time most of you read this he will be home. You guys are lucky you got to miss him a whole day less than I did!

"
"Everything good at camp - students have just returned from trekking and swimming, they are all about to enjoy some birthday cake for Tony Matar. Students should all be back tomorrow by the end of the school day."

1 comment: