Saturday, April 9, 2011

Plant Souks

A while back i had gone to the plant souks to get some plants. My beautiful yellow roses died, i suppose that shouldn't be surprising. My black thumb, and this weather. Our house is blocked by the villa in front. So it's hot, but somewhat in the shade. I've noticed everyone here has bouganvillia, so i got a couple of those. Cross your fingers i don't kiil them too..
The plant souk is a neat place though. It's a whole row of plant shops, and you can haggle the prices. So that is fun. I got both big plants, for 60 dirhams. So that is about 14 dollars? The man carried them to my car. Very nice. I got the special price, just for me :) Of course, the next lady probably got the same one just for her. I love going there though, it's so much fun to wander and look at the plants. On the other side are some pots, and what is like a flea market with all kinds of things. We got our giant trash can over there :)

.


1 comment:

  1. You should have no trouble at all with Bouganvillia, it grows like weeds here. I have a black thumb too. I have wasted so much money on plants!

    ReplyDelete