Friday, January 28, 2011

Po#$ Room

Okay, so when people think of a muslim country the most i hear about is the lack of alcohol, and the lack of pork. Neither of these have had a huge impact in our lives:). I must say i hear more about drinking out here than back home! I guess some people respond to the lack of something, by indulging more in it? So, let me explain these things, and how they work here, to the best of my ability.. You can drink out here, there are liquor stores. Haven't seen one myself, but we don't have a need. You can get alcohol at the hotels, and at some of the hotel bars/clubs. Some would be shocked at how good the night scene is here, so i hear :) To get a drink at the hotels, you can just buy it. To get bottles of liquor at the stores where they are sold, you need the license. And if the police come into your home, which they can and you posses the alcohol you best have your license!
Now onto the subject i do know, pork...ssshhh. Kidding, it isn't a big deal really. There is a pork room at some of the stores. Spinney's which has lots of american stuff. We got our A&W Root Beer there :) Also Abella's, which i think seems to have more british stuff. But they each have a pork room, at Abella's you can even get fresh pork, as they have a butcher at the counter in there. We get our sliced lunch meat there. What is odd, is the things in there. Makes me wonder! Pop Tarts? Marshmellows? Kind of scary, and makes you go hmmmmm.....
Pork Room at Abella's
My Root Beer :)

6 comments:

  1. Well now I feel enlihghtened!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about over the counter sleep aids like Simply Sleep or the little blue football shaped Unisoms? are they next to the Baconz?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing the homemade vanilla but I'm not seing the cookies and cream, nor the chocolate chip cookie dough? wheres the Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, you are SO MEAN!!! That is just harsh.... No good touristy presents for you!
    Polly, thank you, I do what i can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, exactly what kinda touristy presents we talking about here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bucket of sand and some camel hair

    ReplyDelete